I have yet to hear anything from a Karma driven product that sounded like music a human being would make. Music driven by complex algorithms that don’t actually rely upon established musical phrases and timing just doesn’t get my juices flowing at all. Part of the beauty in an arranger is that you always know the changes and progressions and "feel" of the music before hand and they will be natural and predictable even when the style variations add that Variable element, the music still follows licks and passages and timing suitable for the genre of music. I have not heard a Karma driven funk style or jazz style or blues style yet that actualy sounded like a funk, jazz or blues session player was playing. With the multitude of styles available both free and commercial at very affordable prices (like free) even if you get bored with a style you can get 12 more very easily. I am open to persuasion but like so many musical ideas that are driven by technological advance, the potential hardly ever materialises into something musically better than what has already been done.Mr Kay has gone to great lengths to distance the Karma function from arranger type keyboards. I suspect that is more to do with the fact of the limitations of the technology in terms of generating genuine variability that is not just interestingly musical but authentic and human and beautiful.

Obviously if Sharp or Nedim have some examples of this i am not set in my thinking. Its just that noone to my knowledge has.

[This message has been edited by Spalding 4 (edited 02-05-2010).]