Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:

Almost a case of how many different variations can we come up with for a single style.
Maybe they're trying to :
if variation A doesn't work for a particular song, variation b, or c , or d might do the trick, which is ok if the user is able to modify the style or only needs a single variation.
That's a brilliant term "Frankenstyle" luv it. Do you have any objection to me using it? Really does descibe what we do.

best wishes
Rikki

Hi Rikki,

I have done styles with as many as seven variations, using all three intros for expansion.

I think you're right about the reasoning behind the different variations in factory styles. You'll probably agree that it's such a waste to use only one or two parts of a four part style, so away we go with the editing.

I keep a bunch of styles, that have the characteristic parts I like, in a folder...perhaps one that has a great strings pad, or another with interesting phrase parts.

I'm almost back at square one having lost everything when my laptop died a few weeks ago, but I'm slowly getting things back again, and I had some things saved on a few flash drives, so all is not lost.

Certainly you can use the term "Frankenstyles"...I coined it quite a while ago, back on SVP World, I believe.

Some days, all I do is edit/assemble styles, and then the next day, test drive them, and find tunes I like to use them in.

I rarely use song specific styles and intros, having more interest in putting my own stamp on tunes.

Ian