Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I must say, the thing that most excites me about pianos at the moment is the V-Piano's ability to change the degree of in tune or out of tune-ness either globally or to vary it over the keyboard by different amounts. .

I played a V-Piano on my tour. Pretty cool. My only disappointment was the mids, and apparently, according to the users I've talked to, it's a common complaint, and no amount of tweaking quite eliminates it.

V-Piano Evolution has released four new patches for it, but it still hasn't quite fixed the mids.

Full modeling is still not quite where it's at (but it's getting there), and a combination of sampling and modeling still does a better job, but I'm sure Roland will get it working so the synthetic mids aren't an issue anymore...mind you, it probably wouldn't be a deal-breaker for most, but I like a piano with a fairly robust mid-range (that's where I do most of my playing).

I can see the technology trickle down to their other pianos...maybe even on a new arranger.

I must say, I really liked the action and the synthetic ivory feel...the one I played was hooked up to four powered speakers...very impressive...sounded like a huge Steinway grand.

Ian