Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, firstly, if the guy bought a T3, he presumably thought the drums DIDN'T suck! At least, not enough to not use. But if he did, he would have got a PA2 or a Roland or an Audya. All good closed arrangers. But the MS's arranger section is a joke. Even its' 'features'. No Bass Inversions... they missing on YOUR arranger? Didn't think so...

I said it earlier, I'll say it again. Is the value of integration worth putting up with a very inferior arranger section? No other arranger from ANYBODY makes you come up with the content, sounds and integration yourself.

Personally, I don't believe it is. Unfortunately, the majority of those that believe this integration IS worth the effort haven't actually BOUGHT one, and tried to quantify that effort for themselves, and seem bent over backwards making excuses for those that HAVE tried to do it, and failed (by any reasonable degree of expectation) to achieve results superior to a closed arranger.

So I ask again... What is the easiest way to integrate a few VSTi RH sounds with a good arranger section? Personally, I don't believe the MS is the way to go... But I am CONVINCED that, if the MS arranger section had STARTED out as good as a PA2 or T3, and THEN all the other goodies were integrated, it would have dominated the arranger market and everybody else would be scrambling to copy it.

And they certainly aren't doing that!

And here is where we differ. You say no one has customize the arranger section to their needs. In fact that is not true. There have been many post where users have customize the arranger section to their needs. Not to mine or your needs or taste but their needs.

And, the person buying the T3 may think the drums suck but is willing to take the time to edit them to get them sounding to his liking. He will do that because the T3 integrates SA voices, mega voices in styles, OTS and lots of other things all in one board. It beats having to midi a drum machine to a keyboard.

It is the same concept for some one having the MS. The arranger section may require customization but integration with audio and midi parts for styles, audio and midi sequencer, VST and lots of other things all on one board is a grate incentive. It beats having to midi an arranger to a workstation and connect a laptop to that set-up.