Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
I immediately noticed a more civil tone in the forum with the suspension. I applaud you.

So did I - really and truly.

Also Nigel, this post by you - in reply to a rather unfair one in my opinion:

"Originally posted by Nigel:
If you didn't know then you haven't been around here much when Diki and Dnj's childish bickering hijacked numerous threads. 99% of people here are only too aware of what went down and why I gave us all a break from their antics.

And that is not to say that they are both not here ANYMORE. They are just taking a short hiatus from the forum and will be back.

Make sure you are fully aware of the facts before you start accusing me of "stupid" over moderation. Don't go off half cocked without knowing what went on. Many of the problem postings were removed at the time they became a problem.

In the 11 years I have been moderating this forum in this format I have been accused of under moderating a number of times by people that would prefer I was more hardnosed. This is the first time I have been accused of overmoderating. What on earth would make you jump to that conclusion? I always bend over backwards to let you all draw your own lines. It is only in the rare cases that people are incapable of doing that that I need to step in. And even then it is almost always a temporary suspension just to allow cooling off. But of course you already knew it was only temporary as I already said that in the posting you were referring to."

(This post) is yet another fine example of Nigel being articulate, assertive, and yet fair in tone and content.

I don't care if people see this as brown nosing, I honestly and sincerely find Nigel's replies and running of this forum in general, as the most mature I've come acrosss on the internet (I'm a member of at least 6 other forums) and again, I say this with all Sincerity, from my heart.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au