Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
the money was lousy and I had to put up with drunks and cigarette smoke. (Some of the drunks were in the band.)

When I got my hands on my first arranger keyboard, the guitar went into the case and pretty much stayed there. I never looked back.

Yep, that's when it's tough...when the drunks are in the band...I know, I was one of them drunks...then I had to deal with them myself later on after I quit drinking.

How did you find out about arrangers...what was the first one you saw? First one you used?

First ones I ever saw were Yamaha PS-3(tiny keys) and PS-30, bought a PS-55 (PCM drums!) and then later on a PS-6100, which I ended up using for quite some time...it had that folding keyboard lid, the inside of which, was actually the panel.

Also had a PSR-70 that let you program styles...three I think? And another mini-key little monster called the MK-100

Think of it? Back then...64 styles...tippy-tappy ones at that...today, we can access hundreds, that sound like an orchestras, swing bands, rock groups...and re-program like a mad scientist!

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-14-2009).]