Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
...as follows

DIKI………

I think you may be over complicating it (and us too ),

THERE’S A VERY GOOD CHANCE I MIGHT BE!

One of the things that IS easy to do on Korg's is to swap parts around from style to style. So, if you have a too busy drum track, and can find a less busy drum track from another style that fits, it's fairly easy to swap.

GOT THAT PART

And, as Rikki points out, there are a LOT of Technics, Roland and earlier Korg styles floating around that may be a lot simpler. These might be a good source of patterns to bring into the style you want to create... (or be just right as is)

WOULD THAT BE TO CONVERT THEM INTO A STYLE THE KORG COULD USE DIRECTLY OR USE THEM AS EXAMPLES TO COPY (IN COMPOSING A KORG STYLE)?

Personally, I think your best bet is to look into older styles, either from Korg or translations... ask around, see if someone will post a few examples. You may find them to be all you need. Thing is, tyou still need to play them on the latest, greatest, just for the sounds... A simple pattern, played through a far better drum kit and instrument sounds is going to sound better than the original... (hopefully! )

DIKI, I HEAR WHAT YOU’RE SAYING. UNFORTUNATELY “TIME” IS A BIG FACTOR. I JUST DON’T HAVE THAT KIND OF TIME. I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST TRIM DOWN THE ONBOARD PA2 SOUNDS EASY ENOUGH, BUT NOW I COULD SEE THAT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

What are you using right now? It may be possible to translate those very styles over to Korg (or whatever you chose). There's a lot of options.

I’M USING AN OLD ROLAND. I HANG ON TO IT BECAUSE A) IT STILL DOES THE JOB, AND B) I’VE AMASSED HUNDREDS OF STYLES (1,215 AT LAST COUNT)…MANY THAT I REALLY LIKE AND THAT COMPLEMENT MY PLAYING STYLE

I’M GOING TO RIKKI’S POST NOW. SHE MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY THAT SHE MIGHT BE ABLE TO CONVERT SOME OF THOSE ROLAND STYLES TO KORG.

LUCKY