Diki and Rikki (hey...they rhyme)

Reading your posts, I have the feeling that my inclination to buy a PA2xPro is going right out the window.

If I read you correctly, I can lighten up a style easy enough by removing layers of accompaniment, but to lighten up the basic snare, drum, hi-hat, etc I'd better know how to program.

So let's say, a basic easy-4 pattern (fox-trot). If I could strip the basic pattern down to a simple bass/snare (and hi-hat in between), it's still going to have to blend in with the other (accompaniment) parts of the style (if I plan on bringing them in). Otherwise, I'm going to have to edit them too.

To put it another way....it's possible to edit the styles to exactly what I want, but I'm going to need a Black Belt in programming? Correct?

This really s*#@ks. Why couldn't they just do as someone here said? Sell individual styles like they sell ITunes?

This is the reason I'm still playing a 10 year old instrument. Basic patterns that I can build on musically!

BTW...I do this retiree event every year for about 600 people. I throw 4 EV speakers on my board and in 12 years still no one has complained about the sound. They actually compliment me. The playing is really so much more important than the machine.

Lucky