I bought an Asus Eee laptop a few months ago but it was defective and sent it back. I've been using an old Dell PC since, occasionally using my bro's fancy Mac with the 24" screen. Now, the Dell has crashed, so, I've been using the Mac for a week. I do think it's superior, but... I honestly don't know if I want to learn another OS.

My gen biz use is docs, spreadsheets, a bit of graphics, and lots of internet. However, I have one biz app that I have to use regularly that is PC only. It's some kind of remote thing where this clerk of court hired this guy to write an app so that we can research the court records online. He installs some kind of remote hookup deal on your PC. So, I wonder if booting up WinXP really does work on a Mac.

I could buy my bro's Mac but then I have the problem with the clerk of court remote hookup. Plus, I don't cherish the stress of learning a new OS. I need to reduce stress! (If I stay PC, I will not buy Vista, only WinXP.)

Plus, even if I buy the Mac, I do want another computer, small notebook to carry to other parts of the house to surf wirelessly and also carry on the job. Mac laptops are expensive, so, that is out. I wonder if the small Asus laptops (like the one I returned) are considered a good buy. About $400.

What to do.

P.S. I guess the point of this is that several friends (including my bro, who is certainly a computer expert) keep pushing me to go Mac, that I will never look back. Maybe so, but the months of learning a new OS, plus the need for PC software sometimes... I dunno. I've been a heavy user of PC's for exactly 25 years.