Let me try to address all the comments so far. In summary, I have owned a Korg iX300, Yamaha PSR2000, Roland G70, PSR3000, E60, another G70 and another 3K... plus others.

Ian - knowing what Iknow now, keeping the e60 would have been nice, but I sold it to buy the G70. It's that darn money thing again...

Hammer - this is round two with the 3K, so I knew what I was buying when I decided to buy into it again. It is a great keyboard; sounds very good, but has its personal disappointments, especially the keybed.

Fran - a month ago I might have taken the bait, but Uncle Dave's deal was too hard to pass up. I am quite pleased with it as a 'portable' for those shorter, smaller jobs. We'll see.

Zuki - this is the only option I have yet to investigate. I did seriously consider a PA500 with the new rebate and such. What kept me from going that route was the simple matter that there are no PA dealers in my area and I didn't want to buy sight unseen.

So this is what I am thinking: give the G70 another try, especially during this warmer weather. As my business picks up, which I hope happens soon, I'll then have to decide the need for this lighter keyboard. Right now, once a week may not be too much to ask of these old bones, but in & out of the house more than that may be worth a call to the bullpen.