Cassp,

Considering you are comparing an essentially TOTL arranger, to a mid line instrument, the comparison will be a tough one.

What you have to ask yourself, is will the intended audience know and appreciate the difference?

Using a smaller and perhaps even more easy to use instrument will surely make your life easier...I remember just moving the 62 lb Yamaha CP-300 from room to room in my house not being a pleasant task, let alone moving it from home to studio.

Sure, the piano/organ on the G70 sounds better...and well it should...the G70 was the top of the Roland line...the 3K is not in the same league, but is it really that so far away that it isn't a viable musical instrument in it's own right?

I use an S900 instead of a Tyros3, simply because I like playing it more...the piano isn't as robust, but it is still a very good piano sound, and sometimes a sound that is a teensy bit thinner, seems to fit in the arranger's mix better...for solo piano/organ it wouldn't stand up to much scrutiny, but still...it does sound like a "piano" and it does sound like an "organ" to your intended listener.

I use a laptop (a good one) instead of a PC, because I find it handier...and it doesn't hog any space, and I can move it from room to room, or pack it up and take it to the studio, or on the road with me...I don't have a desktop PC at all, nor do I want or need one.

The S900 is my "laptop"...I formerly had a PSR-3000...same deal...I liked it better than the Tyros1...I like having the speakers that make it an instant setup for practice, or taking to my hotel room, and not needing headphones.

Don't sell the G70...it will be a great board to do other projects with...and, you like it a lot, so you'd be sorry you sold it.

Good luck with the G70 for gigs..I really hope it works for you...I know I'm happy with gigging with the much lighter and compact instrument, and my audience is very happy with my sound...and so am I...and I am especially happy at the end of the gig with a lot less work ahead of me regarding packing and moving.