Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I can't in good conscious accept payment for playing and, by "osmosis" be a part of most of these despicable places.

Russ

I applaud your charitable work towards improving this industry. To put one's money where your mouth is deserves credit.

I would ask you to reconsider not sharing your skills with these folks however. The residents in the wheelchairs, or in the beds surely aren't culpable in the "dirty business" of the bean counters, are they?

IMO, they aren't in any way shape or form.

So, take all the frustration and contempt you feel towards the upper mgt. types and what you have left is a lot of good people trying to get through the day...Both patients and staff alike.

I don't think its an "either/or" situation. You could absolutely positively impact many residents lives with your talents and then divert the same money they pay you with to the reform effort you feel so strongly about.

I agree totally with what you say about "a closer look" not being so pretty as the fancy lobby or well groomed lawns. But joy is joy, man...

You don't think the people in your area would benefit from your playing for them?

Sure they would...In this instance, you can have your cake AND eat it too...

Again, great work with the donations you make...

------------------
Bill in Dayton