Hi Lucky,
when you check it out tomorrow, try & spot what operating system it is running.
Latest is os2.01, prior wa 1.51.
Anything earlier than that, & you're not hearing it at it's best. You also won't be hearing the new DNC voices if it's not running os2.
Operating system shows up when switching on.
Does take a minute or so till fully loaded, so don't be concerned.
Operating system & resources system
( styles & sounds ) are upgradeable (FREE download). I've done 3 to date in the last 18 months, just keeps getting better.

Korg has STS's, Yammie has OTS. Basically works the same. They both use songbooks, Korg is better. Both have pads. I again I prefer the korg system it has one additional "sync to "function that my psr 1500 doesn't.
There is an EC5 Pedal Board available, great for triggerring fills varitions etc.

Maybe worth downloading manual to get the basics? http://korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41825&sid=45d9240afd2bd45ff4c2 07ed15d02995

Ketron onboard style editing ,very basic. Sounds ,volumes stuff like that. No way of editing a wrong note. (Makes trying to edit a converted style all but impossible).
Only way of using a pc for style recording is to midi the pc to the keyboard & play the various parts ( variations, fills etc) across in realtime. Cumbersome. Trying to work out the correct midi settings, is not easy. I'm not a total idiot, but I had real problems trying to work out how to sync the two. Eventually got there.
Recording styles onboard is possible, but again hit a wrong note and you've got to rerecord the track.
It has a track copy function ( ie mix n match tracks from 2 or more styles to create a new one)only problem is, if the tracks aren't the same length ie one track is 2 bars the other is 4), it won't copy it.
Yammie & Korg both do.

Basically all the stuff my sd1 can't do as far as style editing/creating, my Korg can, and lots more.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s.
Happy to send you the styles if you decide on a korg.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
[B]

“Great style editing & creation functions”…yes that’s also important to me. My understanding is the Ketron is limited in that department.

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 03-24-2009).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022