I think it's you, lee...

What about the S900 drums, or Wersi internals? I just thought they were pushed back in the mix quite a bit. You know, just like arranger players tend to do

I've heard a ton of stuff from users where they weren't so buried, and they pop quite nicely. Not the same as Roland, but still effective. A bit softer in the hi-hats and cymbals, maybe a hair better on a few of the snares and brush stuff. They definitely seem to have nailed the 'smooth jazz' kind of kit sound

But you know what strikes me from listening to the style demos? I don't really think it is an arranger issue. I simply think that Korg have some of the most creative, 'hip' style programmers out there. Put these same guys on a T3 or a G70, I am sure they could make something just as effective. I have a few PA1X styles in my G70, and they are some of my favorites for jazz and smooth jazz.

I don't think there is much getting around it. Just like us and our playing demos, there is NO substitute for great playing and creative music making.