Hey Spalding,

I understand your point, and I’m sure the Mediastation may seem a little daunting to read about without the opportunity to actually put your hands on one. I don’t mean to play down what is involved in adding vst’s to the Mediastation, so I’ll just outline the process.

Step one would be to get the software to the MSX through either a direct download from the internet, or by inserting a CD, DVD, or USB Stick Drive containing the software. A browser window will open showing the drive and its contents.

Step two, right click on the install file and choose ‘open with Wine’. Follow the installation instructions for whatever Virtual Instrument you are installing.

The Last step is to move the vst file of the new software (ending with .dll) to the Mediastation’s Vst Library Folder. You’re done. The new Virtual Instrument is now ready to be played in either the whole or combi mode. I think you’ll agree that the process is rather straight forward and that is not an oversimplification.

Dominik used the software programmers you referred to for integration of features into the OS not for installing Vst’s.

Please understand I’m not trying to sale anything, Domenik doesn’t pay me a comission. I don’t think that the MSX is for everyone, but the tight integration of computer with keyboard and all its controllers makes it very appealing to some.

Richard