On this point I agree with you Diki..CPU hardware and OS continue moves really fast and every time when the PC hrdware change need a lot of new drivers updates.

Fortunally on MS side we take the open system without make the mistake as made Korg with the Oasys.
Of course, more grown the OS with new features based on new PC hardware, the same OS can not be used on old MS, like MS Frank have.

As you told before, OS like Vista can not work on pentium 1, need a recent PC hardware too, same is happen on our MS OS, before based on Linux Debian Etch and now ported on the new linux distribution Kubuntu.

So, for this old MS they have only to upgrade the standard ATX mainboard, CPU, DDR2 Ram and SATA2 HD, no more.
all the remain MS hardware remain the same, for this reason:

1) Mixer Audio system is based with the VIA Envy24-VT1712 ( like the Delta1010 and a lot of other PCI audio cards) and VIA will produce this chipset for another 12 years.
IF the PCI 32bit slot will be NOT available anymore, really soon you wil see available the new Lionstracs PCIexpress card, with integrated the TWO Envy24 and serial card too.
It mean that with only 1 PCIexpress slot we can running the same and whole MS system again, so..I we dont care if the PC mainboards continue move in better.
24bit DA system with 120dB dynamic system, up to 22 IN, 22 OUTS...I think are enough in one BOX keyboard, IF yu need more then is better that you buy one Digidesign protools Icon system that cost more than 100.000 USD.

2) PCI VGA LVDS card, based on Silicon motion chipset, available for another 8 years and this VGA embedded card is produced by my company and resell in the world to another 8 manufactures.
3) MS pannel are our emebedded boards too, with industrial chipset available for another 10 years.
4) MS software is OUR own aplication that can be recompiled to any new other OS distribution, under 32 or 64bit mode.
5) Standard Linux OS distribution with KDE support, where we only optimize some parts for Audio system and we add all our features, when this is not more available, we cahange it and we add again our application.
remember also that we do NOT need to contiune upgrade the hardware drivers when this are already working, we will use it for many years in our own OS distribution.

6) the new MS mainboard is the new Asrock K10N78-1394 that support the next AMD3 generation CPU, so, I think for some years we are covered.

So..I dont think that 80-100USD of new mainboard upgrade after 2-3 years is a big issue.
IF a old MS user will not follow on the new OS features compatible on new PC hardware, they can just stopping update OS and remain with the last working features.
Where is the problem?
I still see available and working a LOT of PSR9000, Tyros1, G-800/G1000....why there wil not upgrade on Tyros 3/4 or roland G-70/80...?

So...from Lionstracs you pretend the full OS and hardware compatibility/support for the next 10 years, where from the others brand you have to put in the trash the all keyboards every 6-8 months...

When will be available the new Tyros 4..ask then yamaha to upgrade for free your tyros 2-3 too or just to upgrade the some new SA sounds, i really will see what they reply...

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 02-21-2009).]