I do know a lot of HP Pavilion issues were narrowed down to crappy video cards and unstable HP software that had conflicts with the Vista OS. There were some serious failures with the "NVIDIA Graphics". HP even recalled many due to Video card and motherboard failures. Here's my problem.., my computer's serial number wasn't on that list for the recall, but this laptop suffers from ALL of the problems on the list. I know we're not the only ones too. There are many HP Pavilion owners out there who have units that aren't on the recall list but suffer from the same problems that caused the recall.

Looks to me like HP was only willing to fix SOME of their mistake and the rest of us who blew $800+ on these things got a big stick up the (you know what). Then HP releases a major system update that crashed 100's if not 1000's of laptops. Our computer hasn't been running right since that update. Word has it there's a possible class action going to be filed against HP regarding these Pavalions. If so.., our names will be on there
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.