NO..NO...NO?

Surprise!!!! It gets a thumbs up from me..

I know..we all heard the downers and worries from those that were suppose to have tried and dumped Vista...Maybe it has changed, or they didn't know what they were talking about...

I am running Vista Premium on my new Toshiba(laptop)..With a Intel Core2 Duo (P8400) processor...and 4 gigs of ram...

This laptop is out performing any PC I own or used...and I have the considered best Pentium 4's (the pre 2006 version) on my Compaq Laptop and my HP desktop..

I listened to all of the compatibility issues from many folks...stating that Vista just plain ole doesn't work with my favorite music programs......Well!!!!!I am here to say...all except one of my favorite programs work great on this Vista machine...I have taken caution where stated from software manufacturers that Vista will not run the software...and used XP compatible mode...with great success...Also a little advice...try to install even if they state the software will not run on Vista...Manufacturers lie..

As an example...Sony (bought out Sonic Foundry) says the pre Acid Pro 6 software will not work with Vista.....Why do they say this...because they didn't and won't make money on this older software..They sell under the Sony label...they want you to up grade...

I have installed virtually (pun intended)all my soft synths, synth fonts, DXi's and VST's...Forte , and scores of my older software...all are running fine..
Also the PG Music programs, and all my newest acquisition software (YES I buy my software)...MixCrat4, Pianissimo,Bandstand etc..

The lone exception...and Roland says they no longer support this software now or in the future....My Roland/Edirol Super Quartet..a bummer...but even though I like it ..I can do without...My Hyper Canvas, and Orchestral Roland synths work fine..

My suggestion...stop worrying and avoiding Vista...Listen to a couple other folks here on Synth Zone that said Vista is fine and is getting a bad rap....I totally agree

BTW: you guys that are using soft synths are going to love the low latency that this Intel Core2 duo and Vista Premium..are providing...

A side note, My Native Instruments Bandstand, struggles to run on my Pentium4 machines, but runs smoothly on this Toshiba..

I am a happy camper

Almost forgot a biggy...I have the original Native Instruments B4...and It won't run on my Toshiba..

NI won't support this older version..they want us to buy B4II...and ...they got me..I will have to bite another bullet and get the new version..even though I always like the original more....If someone knows how I can get the old version to work with Vista...I would appreciate it....
I got it to work as a stand a lone, but not as a plug in..Using XP mode, but it hangs up(not stable)...
If not I have a organ module that came with MixCraft4..that is my second go to choice for software organ..

More later...