Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Mike,

i think the ONE BIG thing the AUDYA has over its competition is its LIVE sound

don't know if you've ever played a Ketron X or SD through a good PA, but it sounds..."LIVE", more so than any other arranger, it sounds like a real band.

i own a G-70, and use BOTH at my performances every weekend...
and even though the G-70 has better sounds, i find myself using the Ketron more,
it has a "punchier", live, in your face sound, it has that "natural" sound

playing the same song on Ketron and Roland, i get more people on the dance floor with Ketron,
like i said, it just sounds fuller,

i think this is mainly because of the drums, and styles, and not because of the (right) solo voices,even though Ketron has a few good ones.

i think what the AUDYA will bring to the table is an EVEN MORE "live" sound as it has lots of guitar and bass loops.

i do wish the sounds of the AUDYA were more on par with the Yamahas MOTIF, or Rolands Fantom.
i was hoping for LOTS of new sounds, a bank of cutting-edge modern sounds.
who knows, maybe it's upgradable, or will be at some point

i think the ULTIMATE arranger would be a combination of the AUDYA and the T3, the styles/loops/drums being from AUDYA, and the solo voices from the T3

from what i've heard, Ketron has some new voices, but MOSTLY has lots of the same "old" tweaked to sound a bit better.

thats my $.02

Lee,
Also, I have found that the Ketron's styles adapt better to "our" style of music than Roland, Korg and Yamaha. (Malhao, Marcha e fado/fado cancao). Also since we also play a mixture of latin music, I haven't found any keyboard company that can match Ketron's latin section. That's why most of our musician competitors/colleagues use ketron over any other board out on the market.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 01-27-2009).]