Bill first off the word "BETTER" in the topic title is pissin' contest fuel right from the start........I'm very fickle when it comes to gear as you & everyone knows... ...but Ive been in the game LONG enough to know a few things & smart enough to keep my eyes & ears open to New Things also... Most of the top respectable brands of Audio reinforcement gear of today & some from yesterday too are excellent & do the job admirably for sure.
What you play though them is a huge factor.....How you play & your playing ability is of extreme importance, and then there is the PERSONAL OPINION factor which is beyond anything listed here. Then we have playing in your house with some computer system speakers vs performing professionally ON STAGE...let's throw in how you set up, do you use a mixer? do you REALLY know how to EQ your sound specifically for EACH ROOM or are you a standard "SMILEY" frequency kind of guy?
Are you comfortable transporting your audio system & setting it up day after day? What does it sound like "PUSHED to it's limits versus a low key cocktail hour?" How much does it weigh? Is there enough bottom end?.....Not to be harsh...but believe me when I say don't listen to anyone, there is NO "CLONE THINKING" for your sound... ....use YOUR EARS...Home work is OK for some buying scenarios but when it comes to musical gear, It's YOU, YOUR EARS,YOUR COMFORT ZONE, YOUR POCKET, plain & simple.

Be a Leader .... NOT a Follower
And dont let the High price of the bose blur you concious....I dumped mine because it wasn't doing the job for my music, I dont need to substanciate spending $2500.00 on a system....No offense.. then we have people claiming a $200.00 PC game system sounds just as good as the BOSE?...if thats the case go buy 10 Logitech Z systems and stack em high to the ceiling... Pallleeeeaaassseee!

Again USE YOUR EARS......NOT YOUR POCKETS!

Enjoy

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2008).]