Great experiences!

I just want to ad my recent tales to the bunch...

For more than 5 years I have been playing my KB at 3 venues weekly. I am a VOLUNTEER OWB (one woman band).... My venues are all Senior citizens....

I went on a 5 month trip this Spring and Summer. When I returned to resume my gigs there was a new administrator at my oldest gig.... She fired me and all others who played there on other days.... She sent the 2 old resident dogs packing and ordered no stimulus of any variety during meal time!

Another of my venues, also voluntary had replaced me with a group I have often played with... single instrument players. I was told they did not want me to join them as they did not like the styles on my KB. When I asked them, they all denied saying that..... HOWEVER.... they did not ask me to join them.

So now I have 1 gig each week and I am glad to have it... two more would be too much right now and probably forever!

If you are getting paid fine. If you are not it is just as fun to volunteer if you love entertaining an audience with your music and snappy patter.
ELIZABETH TECHNICS player