Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

I had it out with someone about 2 weeks ago. The a-hole (sorry for the word, but what he did makes him one). He wanted a good synth for a project he and few others were working on, but didn't have any intention of keeping it. So he ponies up his credit card and buys a Korg M3. His plan was to use it for 2 weeks.., to get what he needed out of it and then return it! His plan was also NOT to open any manual packages or included software. He was going to download the manual from Korg's site for reference. THAT'S MESSED UP!

You gotta watch too because if some of the keyboards bought and returned appear to have no signs of wear.., all documents still mint and crisp, and have not been registered.., the retailer will turn around reseal the box and sell it as new (even though someone had banged out on it).

He is just using the store's policy. Can't blame him. He is not doing anything worong or unethical. The store has a policy and they know people will do this. Costco built a fortune on unlimited return policy, but recently changed the electronics policy to a generous 90days and 2 year warranty. I returned an 18 month old plasma and they accepted it. I bought a new one and even saved $500. Paid for my membership for 5 years! LOL

Blemished goods can be a good deal. A few scratches won't hurt, Hell I'd buy a new scratch and dent Taylor 900 or Strat for a little over cost any day of the week if I could not get them already.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA