A few thoughts on this topic...

1) The economic crisis has enough blame to spread around to just about everyone. Gov't (Deregulation), Gov't ("do nothing" legislators), Wall Street execs (Greed/corruption), middle class families (living too much on debt, etc...) should all smacked...

2) Try as I might, I can not find a meaningful reason to vote for John McCain.

3) Obama is not destined to be a one term President.

4) Economically, we enjoyed much better conditions during the Clinton years...Not saying he was to thank for it all but it was under his watch things were pretty good. There is a 3-5 year lag for many major economic programs before we see how they really panned out...

5) I've heard neither candidate even mention funding for the Arts in our schools...

6) I'm torn between not wanting all the power in one party and wondering if that's really, for better or worse, the best way to try and forge a new direction...

7) I think experience is over rated in Washington...

8) Intelligence/brains matter and again, IMO, McCain just doesn't measure up...

9) The country would benefit from a legitimate 3 party system...

10) Call me gullible, call me stupid, whatever...I have two college degrees and have lived through raising a mentally challenged daughter who put us through everything you can think of...I'd like to think I'm a somewhat educated middle aged man, who's worked in both corporate and private business for over 30 years, succeeded in both my marriage and raising our kids, (btw, the child mentioned above just completed her 5th straight honors list semester at College...) I feel like I'm pretty aware of things and that I give important things some serious thought before coming to an opinion...

I hope, think and pray Barack Obama will be the right person for the job. Of the two options, he resonates with me far more than JM does...

We'll see, eh?

------------------
Bill in Dayton