Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
.....................I pray for a depression. I'll be fine. We saved for a rainy day and have no debt.

But there are many people in this country that need to endure real hardship. Those who would rather buy $2000 Rims and make $450 a month car payments than buy medical insurance. People consider it a "hardship" not owning a home. They will soon realize hardship is not having A roof...........

Kingfrog,
you are of course entitled to your opinion, but for me, from the total of your LAST 2 big posts only those few lines quoted above are connected to reality, and I congratulate you for:

1) having the brains to save for a rainy day, and
2) for realising that a large percentage of American citizens do not seem to posess enough brains to do the same.

Other than that, I don't agree to anything you said. Things like that are heard over here also (I don't live in the US) from the mouths of the far-right politicians. The same "deregulate", "moral ruler", "God fearing", "Should attack before we are attacked" mentality, that seems to find eager listeners among the poor, maybe unemployed, lower education population, that seldom judges thing with a clear mind, instead votes what their families voted, because it is "tradition". Of course, these voters do not possess enough brains to realise that once "deregulated", the economy will "correct itself" in favor of those who can understand how it works, and they will be even poorer as a result. Go figure.

From my (neutral, I believe) point of view, neither of your candidates will change anything INSIDE THE U.S. once elected. Certainly not the "inexperienced" Obama, nor the "Pass me the AP rounds, those muj are wearing body armor, that 'll teach 'em" McCain.

But I secretly fear that McCain will want to actually participate in a war in which he will surely not be a POW again, that this is his chance of proving he can do it. And a new war, or the continuation of the current ones, will only bring bad things to your country as well as any country in the world, including mine. So I would choose the lesser of two evils. Who knows, maybe "Hussein" will talk to his dark coloured friends down at the Middle East and oil prices will drop. LOL.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 10-09-2008).]