Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Of course they do Diki...what have they to gain by making false statements?

I trust my dealers as much as I can trust you.

And, I do agree...a lot of Yamaha's sales are low-end arrangers, but remember, yesterday's low-end arranger player, is tomorrow's Tyros/S900 buyer.

Not everyone starts out on the high-end stuff.

Ian

Sorry, but yesterday's low end player (unless a retiree) is tomorrow's WS player.

Until they start to make them so they are not an embarrassment for younger players to drag out in front of their friends, they are not the upward path we wish they would be.

And, I guess the problem with dealers is they are local. No-one wants to accept the dealer's local figures extrapolated to worldwide figures, because each area is quite unique. I have worked retail before, and no-one EVER gave us a brand by brand national or worldwide sales figure, broken down by model... Best I ever saw were total sales, as pumped up to the stockholders meeting, not a per model breakdown. And that was just a couple of brands.

And lying is the mantra of the industry.

The developers lie to the marketing division (about how long development will take). The marketing division lies to the dealers (about how soon the product will be available), and the dealers lie to their customers (about how much better of a player they will be if they buy BrandX's new arranger)... And then their customers come here and lie (about how fantastic only THEIR arranger is)

It's how capitalism survives! Were the truth to ever get out, the system would collapse

You can trust me about this I wouldn't lie to YOU

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-15-2008).]