Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:

The Insider,

I don't know you or what your musical capabilities are but I do know one thing for certain. The demos that Yamaha uses to tout their instruments such as the Tyros 2 and upcoming Tyros 3 are not physically played and recorded on the actual instrument. These demos are done using Cubase, Logic, and only use the instrument as a sound source and nothing more. The demos are then heavily edited i.e. notes shifted, quantized, and even parts step recorded. Why? Because you can't actually play the part on the instrument itself and make it sound anywhere near as good as the demo.

I'm curious if you actually had the keyboard version of the Tyros 2 that you did the demo with or did you have one of the rack mount prototype Tyros 2 units Yamaha made?

Lee - just checked out your website and all I can say is Wow! Who would not want a set of friends like that!

To be fair, yes the demos were played on the product (it's the only way that the SA voices respond correctly) and recorded onto my laptop for manipulation of the setup bar
,Volume pan reverb send etc. The Nylon had 3 passes and I changed the velocity of 3 notes on the pass that ended in the product. The Sax I moved 2 notes and added 2(Demisemiquavers just before the high F) as I didn't think about playing those notes as I played them but felt that they just added a touch more realism for the climax, forgive me.

As far as my playing is concerned
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-artist=Paprika%20Soul&page=1

I played the Theme tune to the last prodction run of "Top of the Pops", I was the Deputy and Musical Director of "Blood Brothers" form 1988-1991 and arranged much of the underscore, I have been Musical Director of Joseph, Jesus Christ Superstar, A Tribute to the Blues Brothers, deputised keyboards on Damn Yankees (with Jerry Lewis in the West End), arranged and designed the (to my knowledge) first Musical rum live by sequencer (Great Expectations, Theatr Clwyd 1994)and written over 120 commercials for my friend Tony Gibber who won a D&DA Gold Award for Best Music in and advert (1991/2 I think). I also remixed Mark Morrison's Horny as part of Mindspell, Dina Carroll (Run To You) Lighthouse Family (Ocean Drive) Shola Ama (You're the One I Want) Martin Okasili (Freedom) Foxy Brown feat. Jay-Z (I'll Be) amongst others.

If you want more info checkout
www.esession.com/andyspiller

Peace

Andy