Its a "HOME" keyboard. Yamaha wants to sell Motifs. There is no other Keyboard maker with such a small gap between the home and professional user. I suspect partly becasue Yamaha is the only keyboard make who actually makes real Pianos. This narrowa the gap between the week end gigger and the Home enthusiast.

Yamaha wants to keep their Motif line as the "Professional" players keyboard and the Arrangers for home use. IN that regard they keep them simple (unlike the Korg which few home enthusiasts are even aware of)

I have never had a customer who asked me about the differences between the PA800 and the s900. Most are not even aware of the other arrangers. Yamaha has far more exposure to the home keyboard buyer than Roland and especially Korg.

That said Yamaha will not release a 76 key version of the Tyros. They do not need to. The Home user is not asking for it. The professional user is buying the same engined Motif. (albeit without the arranger) and using Band in the Box for "Arranger funtions"

Thats why even though we are Yamaha dealers I bought the Korg over paying practically cost for the Tyros.

Now if I can find a cheap used S900 for those times when a 61 note board will suffice I will be in Arranger heaven.........
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA