The LCD looks exactly like the LCD screen that's on the T1/T2 but it may be just a hair bigger. Maybe the screen resolution is a little bit higher perhaps?? The description "Great Graphic-Colour-Display" suggests a higher screen resolution but maybe not.

I agree with others that the T3 is just a modest upgrade at best. Five more SAV than the T2 and a total of 5 SAV2 is a little paltry on Yamaha's part in my opinion. Same amount of polyphony as the previous models too. USB 2.0 is a nice addition but we saw that one coming. Now the biggest selling point could be the T3's brand new Tone-Generation system. I'm not quite sure what they mean by that since they are not saying AWM2, etc. or any other specific terminology. We'll have to wait for the demos I suppose. Also, notice that it says "new drumkits" NOT "new 'improved' drumkits". But maybe they are implying "improved" when they say new. Again, we will have to wait for the demos. One other thing I wanted to mention is the new Live! Grand Piano voice. My guess is it will the the same one that's on the Motif XS i.e. the "Full Concert Grand" sample. Of course I could be wrong about that though.

There are a few nice additions e.g. the nine sliders, USB 2.0, new tone generator - whatever that means right? Then there is the new DSP-Blocks for the Styles which should prove interesting too. But the real downer is no 76 key version.

Comestic but not revolutionary, though the T3 should thrill Yammie Fanboys and certain other arranger keyboardists who crave 61 keys. >> Another little face-lift for the original Tyros that started it all; interesting but not really any thing out of the ordinary in my opinion.. But of course I haven't heard it yet so I could easily change my mind about it if the sounds are extraordinarily better than what's already on the T1 and T2.

Okay carrot lovers! Yamaha just dangled a carrot in front of you. I wonder how many will succumb to the temptation (GAS i.e. Gear Aquisition Syndrome) and upgrade their T1 or T2 to the new T3? >> Not me that's for sure. But you all knew that right?

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-17-2008).]