Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Of course they'll find them slow selling... They don't make them!

......and even if profits are slimmer from 76 sales, you are keeping the customer, rather than letting him get snatched up by the competition...

He may never return.

Oh, they do make them...just not in every line.

My guess is that the profits are too slim to warrant production...remember we are dealing with a corporation where the bottom line is profit...not "slim profit".

From what I hear, the loss so far to competitors is negligible...76 notes aren't big sellers for anyone.

Beyond 61 notes, it would appear that 88 notes rule the roost.

Remember the Yamaha KX-88 controller?

Yamaha sold far more KX-88s than the 76 note version(KX-76)...in fact the latter is a very rare bird today, whilst the old KX-88 is still used by some players despite being out of production for over 25 years.

Check out live and TV acts...you rarely see any pros using 76 notes keyboards anymore.

I guess they don't wish to compromise...I know I wouldn't.

Anyone needing an instrument with more than 61 notes is most likely going to be playing piano on it, and 76 notes of wimpy semi-weighted action is not going to be acceptable to most, if not all, piano players.

Could be one of the main reasons, in my opinion, that 76 note instruments are not doing so well.

Ian