Mike,

I saw UD playing at an Italian restaurant when he first purchased the L1, and at the time he was only using a single sub--not two. It sounded great. So good, in fact, that when I left for home that night I was thorougly convinced this was the system for me.

I've played several restaurant jobs with the L1, both large and small, and never at any time had a problem with volume, or had a complaint that the music was too loud. That was one of the things that attracted me to the system when I heard UD playing in the restaurant that night. You could hear the music just fine throughout the restaurant, but you could also hold conversation with anyone at the table with you at normal tones. No one had to shout in order to be heard.

As I've often said, there is no single system, instrument or anything else in this business that fits everyone's needs. If such a system exists I will buy it--regardless of the cost. The beauty of the Bose systems is that you can field test them for 45 days, even under the worst possible venue conditions. Then, if you or your audiences don't like what is coming from the system, send it back to Bose for a full refund--no questions asked. At that point the search continues for the system YOU like. And, like Eddie and DonM, I hope no one else in my area buys Bose.

Good luck in your search, and I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)