I know it would be a pain, but for those contemplating a PAS system, I would suggest that they do a gig with BOTH systems at the same time, and judge, under battlefield conditions, which one is better. Quiet store conditions rarely get you to understand firstly, how loud you actually are in a noisy club, and how much the mids are lacking in comparison.

Nigel... your post is quite telling. Firstly, the need for additional subs (add that to your cost!), secondly, the fact that you are playing with two guitarists and a bassist. Do they have their own amps? Or are you DI-ing EVERYTHING through the PAS? For an arranger user, remember, there is no bass rig (to add to the PA's sound) or two guitar amps to avoid putting in the PA! Everything has to come out of those little 2" speakers above what, 120Hz?

Secondly, how many towers do you use? Just the one? Or do you do the thing that Bose show in their promo shots, where everyone in the band has their OWN L1 system (imagine the cost of THAT!). Then, do you play mono or stereo?

BTW, the phasing problem with stereo piano samples is NOT just an L1 problem. You put any of these arrangers (although the Yamaha's, to my ears, are a little more pronounced with the problem, even the G70 and others ALL exhibit this) into a mono PA of any kind, and you ARE going to hear a difference compared to hearing it in stereo, either with a stereo PA, or just the built in speakers (which always ARE stereo, for those of you that think that stereo doesn't matter at all! Apparently, Y/K/R don't agree with you!).

It is just with the Bose, those 'phasey' frequencies are mostly in the high harmonics, which the Bose tend to emphasize, and at the same time, the mids are pushed back, which tends to mask the problem a bit on bigger speaker systems. So you can't blame the Bose for the problem, but their design DOES seem to accentuate it.

Finally, for all the PAS owners that seem to be getting a little harried at the thought of a counter opinion, actually, it is YOU that are pushing the one specific system that you use on others, not us. I have made no recommendation that everyone use MY system. Use what you want to use. Indeed, the L1's may be PERFECT for some players and situations. But it certainly isn't the bees knees, be all and end all solution that many of you L1 owners claim. It DOES have some significant differences to regular PA's, and rather than a blanket recommendation of unalloyed praise, the advice to go out and buy one, I feel, should be tempered with some caveats of it's limitations.