Hey all, listen:

I've reached the point where I should be getting a new PA setup, and I think it has to be MUCH smaller, lighter and more convenient.

I'm sick of lugging all our crap around.(anyone know the feeling??) *heh*

Long story short, I've read almost every thread about the Bose PAS (most of 'em seem to stop around 2005/6) so PLEASE don't tell me to go and read all the threads re this system.

Here are my 3 questions regarding the system.

1. Has the phase cancellation problem been solved (Mono/Stereo) either with clever setup techniques, or the fact that there is a "model 2" system out now.

2. Does the system have the guts to compete with conventional setups (say if I buy ONE system with two Subs) in most rooms large or small, and does it Compress/Limit the sound to the point where the whole sound loses dynamics and "excitement".

3. This is IMPORTANT - we've recently turned down overall as our hearing is starting to suffer. Hopefully we're a long way from deafness yet, but nobody seems to have discussed this issue, and that is:

If the speakers are placed BEHIND you and the audience hears what YOU hear, won't that sound be too much?

I mean, in a convential PA we share one monitor on stage. I can turn it down or up so we're not blown away, and the Front speakers can be as loud as you like and we don't get blasted (mind you, in reverb laden rooms filled with glass and stone, the sound waves crash back and send us deaf anyway - I understand the Bose is mean to help in this situation????????)

Can anyone help with any UPDATED impressions of the new PAS systems (hell even the old ones).

FWIW we're a Duo playing ALL genres (very old to very new) and play primarily to dancers (both "party people" & "real" dancers).
I use a Korg PA1x Pro Elite and my wife plays Electric Guitar with a Roland Cube 30 Amp.
Dual vocals (both lead and harmony) & we use SMF's (occasionally MP3s) as backings for 95% of what we do.

N.B. - Yes I will audition these speakers for myself soon and use them live if I have to, but I value the opinion of the Synthzone members here - I usually find this forum a wealth of info and more importantly first hand impressions - help a fellow member out here guys - do I buy this system?

P.S. I love my stereo, and all files/sounds are panned and tweaked for a Stereo field, but as someone in the forum said, Stereo Effect is like flash photography - the flash only goes so far....

I'm willing to embrace a new concept!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au