Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
It's interesting that you didn't notice an SA quality in the guitars Tom. When I listened to the guitar .mp3 demos on the korgpa.com site I sensed a realism on par or even superior to the SA guitars on the Tyros2. Hearing them in person may lead to a different conclusion but if the mp3's are any indication of their overall quality Yamaha should be trembling in their boots I would think. That is unless Yamaha has something even better up their sleeve prepared for the T3. And I wouldn't doubt it one bit if they did have. Although the T3 is another year, year and a half away. The Pa2x is right here right now. Decisions decisions... But if there is going to be no 76 key T3 they lost [b]my
money. .........
Best,
Mike [/B]

You're right Mike, there is always something new just around the corner. This board is right here and now. Although I am not (yet?) a big fan of the OS and the double functions of the sound group buttons on Korg arrangers, I think the main reason I like the PA800 and PA2X a lot because they don't seem to have any "weak" sounds. All the sounds I tried have the same high quality as opposed to the G70, that has some superb sounds as well as some mediocre and a few that are not very good. Although the Tyros2 has the edge when it comes to the realism of the SA voices, let's be honest, it also has a few weak sounds. I know this is subjective, so don't shoot me. It's just my personal experience...

------------------
Tom NL