The PA2X is in the stores here in Holland now. The average price is about 2.900 Euro. I played it for 45 min. last week and I liked it a lot. Half a year ago I had the PA800 at home for a few days, so the sounds and styles were not that much of a surprise. The overall mix of the styles seemed to be even beter, but I can't tell for sure since it has been such a long time ago that I demoed the PA800.

I was glad to see that the chord recognition in piano mode is much better than on my Roland G70. The problem with the G70 is that it continues to add notes to the chords when the sustain pedal is down and it also includes notes of melody to the chords. I know how to use the sustain pedal and release it when it has to be released, but it still behaves awkward at times. I didn't have any problems on my KN6500 and the Korg also picked up every chord just fine.

The organs, especially the BX3 sounds, are awesome! I also like the cornet and other brass sounds (the weaker sounds on the G70) and the flutes (great on the G70). The Grand piano sample is very good as well. The timbre differs a bit from the Roland, but I like this one also. The harmonica sounds have lots of effects as part of the sample and are great for country and blues. Although I could not detect any "super articulation" type guitars, the acoustic and jazz guitars sounded very warm and "lively".

The keybed is on par with that of the G70 (maybe I step on someone's toes here), so that is a relief because I am spoiled since having the Roland.

The motorized display seems a bit overdone, but what the heck! The total appearance of the instrument is very nice and professional. I was a bit sceptical of the metallic white surface (tacky...), but it looks just fine.

Anyway, when I have more time in a few weeks I plan to play it a bit more and will most likely end up buying this board and trade in my G70 if the price is right.

------------------
Tom NL