Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Couldn't there be a possibility of surprising us with a 76 key version along with the 61 key version? Like they did with the PSR 9000 and then coming out with the 9000PRO shortly thereafter? But instead of waiting a year with the 9000PRO, have an immediate release along with the 61 like they do with the Motif line?

I'm telling you Ian, Yamaha would not be disappointed if they chose to release a 76 key version T3. Breaking into that market again would only go to further enhance and strengthen Yamaha's marketshare, not lessen it in any way in my opinion. For one thing they would be giving Korg and Roland a run for their money and be in the competitive thick of things in that segment of the market once again. By choosing not to go the 76 key route with their TOTL arrangers it is slowly, "and perhaps imperceptibly to them", {but not to us looking at it from the outside}, it is chipping away at their dominance in the keyboard marketplace. You cannot deny the fact that there are many, many, keyboard musicians who would rather have 76 keys vs. a 61 key version if the alternative was presented to them. Just listen to the members on SZ who have voiced in favor of 76 keys and multiply that the world over and you can see the potential market that exists. Roland and Korg are seizing upon the opportunity and it befuddles me why Yamaha has thus far choosen not to. The market exists, if it didn't do you think Roland and Korg would still be churning them out? Yamaha needs to get over its pity party with the 9000PRO flop and move on!

I'm only trying to stir their emotions and get them to rise up and boldly go where no man has gone before. Oops..! Seems Roland and Korg are continuing to do that very thing as we speak - [b]but
Yamaha has a chance (theoretically that is) to pull up alongside and eventually overtake them to infinity and beyond!

I'll tell you what... Have Yamaha make one 76 key T3, I'll buy it right off the bat, and when they realize people are actually buying the darn thing they can start producing more as they see fit and as the market dictates. >>> They would be busy beavers year round' trying to keep up with the demand in my opinion.

Best,
Mike [/B]

DITTO