dnj......... I don't seem to see anything in my post that states the G70 is anything other than MY choice for gigging keyboard (as the thread title asks), and stating my reasons why........

If you re-read the post, you will see not the slightest reference to your Tyros2. Tritons, Motifs and even my beloved K2500S all get unfavorable comparisons, but my reasons are clearly stated (and if Yamaha got of their arses and made a 76-er, who knows, I might be using one!).

I've been a full-time professional for 35 years and try to do my level best to AVOID the knee-jerk 'my keyboard is better than yours' rhetoric so common here (primarily from hobbyist kids, I'm sure), and try to state clearly WHY my choice works best for me. Your choice works best for you, and I'm not trying to tell you otherwise.

My choice of G70 comes from playing in a lot of different situations, NOT just from arranger play, or SMF playback or live band work, but for ALL work. That's why it's my choice, now. Maybe the 76 note Tyros3 will be my next keyboard, maybe not. I won't let my opinion of the Tyros2 OR the G70 affect that decision!

But I DO want to continue only having to take ONE keyboard to a gig......... Enjoy your Tyros2 and make great music on it, I am having a blast on the G70.

And it is ALL good (we could be roofers, instead!!)

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-17-2006).]