Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Miden.....

Thanx so much for the detailed review.....I myself was a big KORG fan years ago also from my first "Korg Personal" arranger KB
http://www.keyboardmuseum.org/ar/k/korg/s/sas20.html

to the M1/i3/i30/Pa80/Pa60

I always like the live sound of KORG units....what turned me off mostly was the navigation & access to SMF/ folders & the extra steps to do so in live play....I haven't played a pa1x yet but its on my list when I get the chance...being a singer also ....& being a weak link on my T2 which I hope they improve the vocalize on future models like your Korg & also the G70....the "fill break" was a concern on the PA models how is it on your unit?
Again thank you....how about a Mp3 song when you get a chance using the Pa1x?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-16-2006).]

it has the "songbook" function which is exactly that...it stores pointers to all the resources required for the song, be it the midi file,MP3 file, style, all the single touch settings, pad settings vocaliser settings, lyrics, midi file song pointers etc etc etc and recalls them all within about 1/2 second ready for play...in the actual song mode, to selct a single midi is a simple as just pressing select, and the folder the file is in..thats it...you can even set up your own custom lists, which is handy for sets(as many as you like)...and with the dual sequencer you can play 2 midis at the same time, or even a midi+MP3, or crossfade between them....according to my contact at yamaha australia, the vocaliser on the T2 is exactly the same board as on the psr3000 and it wasn't very good so i know what you mean about it on your T2....as to fill breaks..yeah they are a bit of an issue with me, particularly with the endings, which do not seem to have any AI when it comes to what variation you are ending from...the best i found at the fills/endings was the genesys XP , more realistic (read more like a real band) and less "showy"...i reckon korg have a way to go in having decent endings...the user does have to tweak some of the fills and endings, but i think thats the case with most of these boards.....as for an mp3, we are just about to record a demo CD, so yeah,i can post some MP3's when they're done...i could post some instrumental mp3's with various styles if you like as well.....

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-16-2006).]