I play the Roland G70 for most everything now other than some studio work, where the K2500 still kicks butt!

As a 'live' keyboard (playing pickup gigs with full band), the G70 is one of the unsung heroes of the keyboard world, with fast and easy adjustment of volumes and effects on the fly using the REAL sliders, a VERY decent Hammond clone, and all of the 'meat and potatoes' sounds quickly reachable and assignable.

Basically, if you are thrown into the deep end of a pickup gig (no time to prepare) the G70 is BY FAR (IMHO) the easiest keyboard to call any sound up, split and layer it, dial in the volumes and effects, and just PLAY!

If you have time to prepare, well, Motifs and Fantoms, Tritons, and even older Kurzweils will do a great job (look at them being played on all the major tours......) but I would NEVER want to play a pickup on them unless it is a 'one sound at a time' gig.

As to arranger play, well, I'm finding the G70 to be at least as easy to operate than my old G1000, sonically FAR superior, and only the lack of Chord Sequencer as a minus point. I HAVE to have 76 keys (I play a fair amount of SMF and 'live work') and need the extra keys for more range in the Lower part (I usually play as if I have two right hands, not just chord triggering or comping with the left, so range is important), or for full(-ish) piano parts.

If someone said to me 'you have a gig tomorrow, no idea what they want you to do, you can have any keyboard in the world', I would say 'find me a G70, and there'll be no problem'. It's not familiarity that makes that decision, I'm fluent on Tritons, Kurzweils and Motifs, it's just such an easier OS to get around on.

FINALLY......... I can take ONE piece of gear to ANY gig, and know I've got it nailed.......

One keyboard to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them........