Hi Robert,

Welcome both to Synthzone & to the exciting world of Tyros2. Thanks for sharing with us your interesting musical journey (so far). In spite of your apparent music talent, you were perhaps wise to have switched your major to Business, as supporting a family can prove particularly challenging for a musician. Coming from a similar music background as yourself (classically trained: 4-13, then a jazz music major in college), I'm curious how you're gonna approach arranger playing, of which obviously requires an entirely playing approach than traditional keyboards. I assume you've read my postings about the Bill Evans style jazz (rootless) piano chord voicings (aka: A/B voicings) recognized by Tyros2, right? Interestingly enough, these are absently missing and not included in the Chord Table Recognition section of the Tyros2 user manual.

I'm first to admit that whatever classical & jazz pianistic skills I acquired years ago, have now gone up in smoke, especially since I now utilize the Tyros2 arranger for most all gigs now. I hope you'll heed my advice and remember that no matter how much fun you have playing (and keeping your audiences entertained = $ bucks) with your Tyros2, don't forget to keep your piano chops in shape as well. I suppose this serves as a reminder to me to 'wipe the dust off' the keys of my Steinway and brush up on the scales & chord progression exercises.

Ok Robert, really looking forward to your continued input on this forum & gaining your perspective on music & arrangers, especially with your extensive classical & jazz piano experience & education.

Scott