Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Buy cheap ....sound cheap I always say

Hey Donny, I agree. That's why I play a Tyros with two JBL Eon 10G2's for my small to medium gigs. Zing-Pow. lol

ThePro: Thanx for the ideas. I'm always like to look from all angles. You were my main influence in getting the JBL Eon 10G2's, and I have always been super happy with them.

I did notice in the seemingly short time that I tried the PR12's that some voices sounded outstanding while some seemed to be very low on volume. One's that I didn't expect like trumpet, sax, trombone. I presummed it require a more thorough eq'ing.

So do you think it will be possible to even it all out?

Part of my needs are rather light weight equipment. 29 pounds would be great. The sx100+ is 32 lbs,but only 200 watts, so I see no real advantage over my 175 watts eons.

The JBL Eon 1500's interest me, but the weight of 38 pounds combined with the bulkiness doesn't thrill me at all.

The Barbetta 32c's kind of interest me. Rather expensive. I'd definately need to try these out first as I've heard both good reviews on these and also heard they sound kind of boxy and distortion is sometimes a problem. Plus, it is a small company. Who knows their future?

Interesting to note for Yamaha players. There's a place here in Pensacola that has a pretty good selection of speakers, but the first and last time I shopped there, they had only one of each speaker out, and would not bring out the other. ha! So I would try a JBL with a Community etc. Nuts.

Scott