Hello

Tried out the Peavey PR12's today and was very pleased with everything about them.

Nice size, (18 x 24 x 14), light weight, (29 lbs.), easy to carry with handles on the top and sides, it handles 400 watts program and 800 watts peak, the sound and tone was quite nice through-out the entire range, known Peavey reliability, nice appearance, and the price at $149.

All that and made in the USA.

I also tried the PR10's. They were nice but not as full a sound as the 12's.

I am not interested in the 15's mostly because of the added weight and especially the size of the cabinet.

I also did an A/B with my two JBL Eon 10G2's. The JBL's are 175 watts and are excellent for the smallest room to a medium sized room.

I liked the PR12's so much for what I want to be able to do in bigger rooms that I am quite certain I will get them.

I tried them with a Peavey 684F. (200 x 2 watts). However, I am planning on getting either a Behringer PMX2000, (250 x 2 watts), 30 lbs for about $287, or their new top of the line PMH880S, (400 x 2 watts), 20 lbs for about $342.

My wife, Jen, who also plays, agreed that these sounded good. She also had to stand back because she thought I was playing too loudly. The people working there thought the same thing. haha. So it really filled up their 10,000 square foot showroom, and I had it turned on quite low. (I thought).

That sure seems like a lot of bang for the buck, especially considering a decent stereo PA head alone used to start at around $700 alone, where this entire set up can be had for between $600 - $700.

I'll let you all know what I think of the Behringer powered mixers when I try them out.

Best
Scott Langholff