Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
See, that's why I play the Bose! It's not a different volume relative to where you stand. You wife wouldn't have tp move if she stood in front of my rig in the same room!

Dave, you realize Scott is most likely thinking about getting "two" Peavey speakers so he can utilize a Stereo image in his sound.

For a savings of over $2,700 over "two" comparable Bose PAS's (which you need "two" Bose PAS's to utilize Stereo also), I wouldn't mind if my wife (speaking of Scott's wife) had to step back a few feet because she thought it was too loud, either. With all the money saved, Scott could tell Jennifer to go out shopping for a few hours and splurge on some clothes or new shoes, etc. while Scott plays his Tyros through the 'excellent' sounding Peaveys that may be sound a little loud to Jennifers ears even though Scott has them "barely" turned up. So you see it's a win win situation. Scott saved a bundle of money and Jennifer gets to go shopping (which women love to do anyway) and splurge on some niceties with all the money they saved. And besides all that, both of them are laughing all the way to the Bank...

And the quality of sound Scott gets with his 'inexpensive' Peaveys will probably sound 'pert near as good' to 90% of the people who hear Scott play through the Peaveys as it would to them through the Bose.

Most people don't have the discriminating taste in sound that the 1% of us audiophiles do. Most people think FM radio quality music is just peachy. So saving $2,700 on speakers makes perfect sense to me and the audiences won't know the difference most likely anyway. Except that they may have to stand back a little when Scott plays through his Peaveys. >> Such is the life of a Musician I suppose.

Best regards,
Mike