Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
If you use the Windows Automatic updates it will only download and install the critical updates, not any software or hardware updates, so do a manual custom check on the Windows update site. The latest Direct X is 9c.
The descriptions you have given indicate that the Yamaha driver has not installed correctly either due to a conflict or incompatibilities with Windows XP, I have also noticed in previous posts that the latest version is 2.1.4 were as yours is 1.1.4 and so this may be the cause of the problem.
My recommendation therefore is to get the latest driver possible and see if that works.
I will be back online later tonight (I live in the UK) so if you’re on Skype you can give me a call and we can talk through a few things to see if we can solve the problem. (Skype is free to download and free to use www.skype.com )
Skype name. abacusks1
Hope this helps.

Bill

I just updated direct x to 9 C.
the driver version is a typo.
It is 2.1.3 that came on the disc.
There are upgrades on the net to 2.1.4 and 2.1.5. I did download them but this computer install wizard would not let me access the folders on the hard drive they were in to install them.
This 2.1.3 installed in the Toshiba laptop without problem.
I do not have skype, as I have not got around to buying a headset yet.
Telephones are not a priority for me as I don't hear very well anymore. Too many years of loud music
Thanks for your help
Bill