I thought I ought to put this in a separate topic so as not to mess up DNJ topic where I originally posted it and shouldn't have. My apology
The problem I have run into that is driving me nutzo is the USB-Midi driver that came on a Cd with the keyboard, and also included the voice editor.
I have spent the last few days trying to get this driver installed on the P4 Intel Sony Vaio desktop with no luck. It installs but will not enable. The voice editor installs but will not function without that driver.
Now..............it is interesting to note that I brought the new Toshiba Satellite Laptop computer in to the studio and the Driver and voice editor installed without any problem. The Toshiba has a 17 inch screen so I can work with it but didn't want to except when traveling in the motorhome.
I wonder if the fact that this computer has the drivers for the Technics computers installed in it creates this problem. Or the Cakewalk Deluxe Pro Audio V 9?
I am amazed that with 20 years of experience with computers and electronic keyboards that I am unable to resolve this problem. Do any of you folks have any ideas for me to pursue. I have run out of ideas and Yamaha has not yet responded to my email plea for help I sent them on thursday November 10th.
I am now in the process of making changes in the registry in hopes of getting this driver installed
You many never hear from this computer again
Best to all and thanks for any help you may send my way. All help and advice appreciated.
BEBOP