Have you actually played the psr 8000 ?tried its vocaliser? Have you heard the eps on the psr 8000 ? What is really "crazy" is trying to express an opinion on the two boards if you have not actually herad both boards.... I have spent time with both keyboards and so am able to make a comparrison. Its just my opinion though.However i have been looking for a reason to upgrade since 2000 and i am probably one of the most annoying customers a shop could have. I dont buy hype. I buy instruments that are worth the increment in price for a comparable increment in value.

I use my 8000 for similar purposes to EL so i am looking at it as an appropriate arranger for his use in worship and general playing. Read ELs post again and then actually listen to a psr8000 . If i understand his post correctly he wants to know which is better for him the psr 8000 or the 3000. The 3000 in the uk costs around £1000 and the 8000 around £500.

If no aftertouch, no sampler are not important and EL finds that the sound quality difference merrits the extra expense then go forit EL

But i amnot crazy. Thre views i have expressed are from a valid stand point.