Jose'

I now position my bass unit directly in front of the keyboard, right between the stand's feet and it's faced to the side instead of forward. In order to do this I had to make a custom cable measuring 10 feet in length, however, I used 14 guage wire instead of the lighter 16 guage that is used with the supplied subwoofer cable. I figured heavier wire would maintain high levels of conduction over the greater distance and help prevent distortion. Then, just this morning, I recieved an Email from Eddie pertaining to custom cables measuring greater than 10 feet that caused a reset problem with the older operating system. The new operating system seems to address that problem as well. I've used my new cable on a half dozen jobs with no problems at all.

The sideways positioning of the sub, at least for some venues, seems to provide better dispersion of the sub throughout the room. When the sub is facing forward, especially in long, narrow rooms, the levevl tends to be somewhat overpowering and not equally dispersed. I've read where some players have faced their sub toward the wall behind them, but when I tried it, the sound was a bit muffled coming from the sub.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)