Here are some observations about my two first gigs with the PAS (one was a crowded bar, another was a wedding - large room):

- no doubt: the fidelity is high, but pretty comparable to other good quality conventional PA systems at half of the price.

- first impression is that it seems best suited for gigs at low/medium volume and especially intimate gigs.

- at high/very high volume it seems to lack some punch (or I'm too spoiled with my previous 15'' sub). i'm runnig the PAS with one sub only. it's possible that I still didn't find the proper eq settings, after all I'm still a newbie with this new thing.

- the great great advantage is the way it disperses the sound in the room. seems to considerably reduce my problems in "very rectangular" rooms, where the difference in volume tends to vary a lot through the room. no problems at all with excessive reverberation that I had in the past.

- more portable and easier to transport than my previous PA (the 15'' is heavy - 35 Kg - and big) and it fits better in my car. more powerful, too.

- my problems with feedback are desappearing. it's just a matter of properly choosing the relative positions of the mic and PAS. however, it's important to respect to distances indicated in the manual.

- people came to me very surprised that a "small" sound system could sound so good and loud. i took some time in my breaks to explain them what the concept was about.

Let me just insist in my problem finding the right sound at high volumes: it's as if in this situation, the well balanced punchy sound at low/mid volumes is replaced by a sound lacking a little bit low freq. (and sometimes high freqs too) - mids become excessively predominant.

In conclusion, I feel that I still have to do more experimentation and tunnig with the PAS to achieve better sound in dance situations, but by now, I don't imagine returning to my conventional HK Lucas PA. If someone (Gary, Eddie?) wants to comment... Thanks!

-- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 07-04-2005).]