Talk about overkill. I just bought a new computer; not because I really needed one, I just thought it might be nice to have something that would boot Windoze before I fell asleep and crashed my face into the keyboard. I opted for a nice new Gateway with one of the new Core 2 Duo (E6600) and a lot of other fancy stuff. Very fast, and it did boot Windows at an acceptable rate of speed; but here's the thing....

It came with a 500G disk drive. It also has a 120G portable media drive. I guess that would be so I can share stuff with my friends who also have a Gateway with a portable media drive (that would be none, as in 0). Plus, when my son saw it, he decided I should definitely have a backup drive and immediately supprised me with a 500G external firewire drive. I now have 1.12 TERABYTES of hard disk storage. So.....

Out of curiousity, I checked the drive capacity and usage of my trusty 5 yr old studio computer and learned that it was 80G and (after five years) had 65% free space. This includes photos of the grandkids, a couple of backups from my HD recorder, assorted music software, old tax records, a Fran Carrango mp3, and other useless and long forgotten stuff.

So the question is, what the heck do I do with 1 Terabyte of HD space. I guess I could try to store a picture of Fran's butt, or Donny's ego, or Diki's knowledge base.....nah, I'd need more storage than that.

Any (clean) suggestions.

chas

Whoops, almost forgot these.