When I lived in New Orleans for 33 years, 10 miles was a long drive. Now 1500 miles is a long drive. I like driving.

Mike the Bakersfield I drove through didn't compare with driving up the coast to get to my buddy's house in Salinas view wise.

In August Bakersfield was 112 degrees when we past through just like Las Vegas when we went through there that very same day...

The Carmel area never got over 73 degrees in the middle of the day in the middle of August. My buddy and everyone I spoke to said it was like that on the coast. They said if I went in-land 30 40 50 miles or so they said it would be 100 degrees. I think Bakersfield is in-land a bit.

In any event barring any unforseen occurences, I'll be there.

Scott don't laugh but "Lush Life" doesn't turn me on. I do just a few of the jazz charts. I'm really into the swing sandards like "All The Things You Are" "Darn That Dream" stuff nobody else plays. I lke a lot of the popular tunes too. "Stardust" and such.

If we can get DonM there I'll prove he and I can play Yakety Sax faster the Boots can. At least Don can. Ha Ha