Hi Nimrod,
my VA 7 is working again since I have reinstalled the previous OS (1.03), because the 2.0 I had before was completely locked up and unreadable (I tried to save it to a floppydisk, but to no avail).
I hope to have 2.0 reinstalled by the end of the week, however.
Re. your question, when you record a track you can send each track to an effect like Reverb, Chorus and Delay (three buses, one for each effect); the original tone will still have its original effect (like the rotary for an organ), only if this belongs to another category, the MFX (multieffect).
In fact, besides the three basic effects I mentioned before, the VA7 has an Equalizer and a multieffect (the famous MFX), which has 89 presets that range from Enhancer to Humanizer, Overdrive, Distortion, Phaser, Rotary, Auto-wha, Limiter, Tremolo, Auto pan, etc and even some multi-effects (combination of Chorus and Delay, Chorus and Flanger, Rhodes multi, Guitar multi, etc). So, when you record a track, each tone (up to 16 for the 16 sequencer tracks) will still have its original effect, but only if this effect belongs to the "multieffect" category.
I hope to have answered your question; I can add that I have started to discover the potential of the VA7 DSP only when I upgraded to v. 2.0 and was given a new ZIP disk full of User Programs programmed by an international team. What a difference with the original programs stored in ROM!
I am now using these new programs as templates to create my own sounds.
Best regards,
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 01-03-2002).]